Thursday, June 14, 2007

scout = jean-louise

I AM A WOMAN OF THE LAND! Actually I'm just housesitting fo my aunt and uncle, who live on a farm (!!). So I am house-dog-goats-chicken-plants-cute kitties sitting.

I'll have pictures when I: take them, upload them to the compy, upload them to blogger. I think all the people who read this blog are in my fam and know what it looks like, but I'm doing it anyhow. You never know when you're going to get homesick.

So anyhow, about those cute kitties. They started out as 9, now there are only 2 left. And I saw one of the dead ones. BUT THEY ARE SO CUTE! (the alive ones) how can I resist? I fed them, I brought them some milk. One of them (white, grey, black, caramel colored) let me pet it, it's tiny small. The other is orange and afraid of me. I think I will name them Jeff and Charles, after my grad students. The skinny one will be Jeff (haha this is funny only to me because I know them). charles is my actual grad student, but jeff works in the same lab and i know his undergrad student, too. and he explained sciency stuff to me today- so I will count them both as my grad students. and now as my cute kittens.

Is that sort of creepy? Do I care? There's a quotation attributed some times to Marilyn Monroe- ever notice how 'what the hell' is always the right decision? I sincerely doubt she had the presence of mind to say something so witty, but i agree with it completely. And these cats may die, but they'll have very nice names for now! I'll upload pictures, I promise.

I somewhat fear the goats (HORNS!) and the guineas, which are like these nasty ugly chicken things. but some scientists think chicken are related to DINOSAURS. I just don't want that to be true. the only thing majestic about chickens or roosters are the false stereotypes some people hold about them.

No comments: