Wednesday, June 27, 2007

mother revolution

omg the people i work with are so smart. though i technically know the big words (like 'passivating oxide' or something like that) I still can't use them in conversation, or make them in a coherent sentence. but some day, friends, some day.

and... i'm becoming more and more attracted to the materials science minor. I read through econ course descriptions and i was like, "hmm... ok... could take that" and I read through materials science and i was like, "oooh yes... hmmm good choice for elective... yes please!" and, if you think your opinion matters on this issue, let me know. I love changing majors/minors and anything else i can. it's the spice of life, you know.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

oh oh oh- yes materials! it rocks! it's all the fun exciting stuff of engineering with none of the boring stuff and none of the mocekery that comes from beng an IE. an ME with a materials minor would be a really good combo, much better than econ. you should stop in to some of the materials professors offices- tell them large marge- er bridget- sent you. Bowman, Trice, Krane, Trumble, Slamovich- any of them would be happy to talk to you about it. Good luck!

Lindy Lois said...

oh no, now you're all excited... well...

here's the thing: I fulfill about half of the materials science minor requirements with my ME classes... but you need 16 (4-5 classes) of *unique* units to have a minor, you can't use the same classes for both your major and your minor (there can be *some* overlap), and I don't have 16 unique units. But, if I use my tech electives (upper division classes in engr disciplines that are not your own), I can actually complete the minor, but not get a degree for it (wierd). So I think I'll do that. In my heart I'll know I have a materials science minor.