Saturday, June 02, 2007

linux unleashed

friends, here is the not so good part: there is no professional baseball team in Indiana. There's semi-professional (minor league? I know it has a name) in Indianapolis. But I'm not driving an hour for semi-professional. do they only wear semi-baseball pants? I'm skeptical to say the least.

But what I would do is drive ~2 hours to get to Chicago to watch a cubs game. And eat deep dish pizza. and maybe do a little shopping. ride that ferris wheel at the navy pier (last time I did that I almost froze- I must redeem myself!) and then go see another baseball game. THAT I would do.

order of the day/soon: make some friends who are willing to go to chicago with me and do the above activities. i may enlist my cousins for that. we'll see.

2 comments:

Lise M. said...

Lindy, don't be such a snob. The Indianapolis Indians ARE a professional team, albeit minor league, and a farm team for the Cincinnati Reds. Actually, an Indians' game is a little lower key than a major league game in a major league town, but for some fans, that is an advantage. And their shiny new stadium, with easy access, is only ONE hour away. And tickets are easier and less expensive to get, too!

Lindy Lois said...

i'm sorry. i'm sure your baseball team is very nice and i will check them out. it's mostly for the baseball pants anyhow so... i'm sure they will suffice