Monday, June 11, 2007

how does it feel

this may be obvious to anyone, but i just realized it. As I was biking home from gma's, I passed a nerd couple near the student union. They were cute, and I'm not entirely sure what made me think of this- it might be her big glasses that made her nose look the same as my mom's when her glasses fall too far down (or maybe this girl's glasses also fell down). but i thought, my parents met here.

I've never gotten the whole story, but I've pieced it together from what my mom and dad tell me when I prod them. how they met and she declined a ride home from him; how she liked him for like 2 years while they dated other people (wtf, true love?!); how they separately moved out to delaware (it was delaware, right?). here, where I'm walking and biking. they probably went out to lunch in the union, or on the 'levee', or on chauncey hill.

it's so wierd and beautiful at the same time. i don't know what to make of it, or what I think of it. if i don't have to think anything, then I'll just leave it. my parents met here: hail purdue.

2 comments:

Henry said...

I bet your Indiana Aunts could fill in the details for you.

Unknown said...

Mom and Dad are really secretive about it. I think it does have something to do with:

'Oh, David was drunk when we met at a party'

*Dated, didn't work out*

*Dated other people*

Both in Delware

...

I was born