Thursday, June 14, 2007

dog eat dog

I am a horrible farmer. Let me count the ways:

I picked the eggs (i don't even know the right verbs...) but couldn't get one of the fat (read: SCARY) guineas to move, so I didn't get any of the eggs under her (and I could even see them!) then, when I was scrubbing them off so they can dry and I'll put them in a carton, I dropped on and it cracked in the sink, and washed down the drain. at least there's a disposal... le sigh

I went out to the cats- jeff and charles are HORRIBLE cat names, I didn't even use them. how can cute little kitties be boy phD students? They're actually just 'skinny' and 'scaredy'. I walked toward one and it (jeff, skinny) fell down a hole thing in the corner/wall of the barn. I could barely see it and couldn't reach it. But a bit later, as I tossed some cat food in a little line out the hole, I saw both of them. I hope they can get out!

I have killed one unborn chicken, and possibly two adorable kittens. And above that I have no idea where the goats are! But maybe they're out... grazing...? they graze, correct?

I had better KICK ASS at the lab tomorrow (don't know exactly how yet) or else I think I'll be a failure at Indiana and the responsibilities therein.

1 comment:

Lise M. said...

Wow, I'm so impressed (and amused) by your farming prowess. Great pictures and captions, too. I so appreciate your willing and able help with all the chores while we're visiting Lucy and Josh in Colorado. It looks like all the animals are thriving - hope you are, too. btw, pick eggs = gather eggs, and just kick at the guineas;they'll move, I promise.