Sunday, December 12, 2004

i wash my clothes when they start to smell, sheesh!

so i'm home!!! yay!!! I drove home on saturday. it was foggy. we had in n out. that's about it.

except, i forgot to bring actual shoes home. all i have are reefs. i'll have to wait until my trunk comes home on thursday. dang. my toes are cold. this post is going nowhere.

somewhere: i hung out with my huddle group today!! hooray!! they're as adolescent as ever. but i'm home, which means i can wear whatever i want! today, i wore my nasty green sweater, the one only I love. my huddle group was like, "do you wear that to school?" mwahahahaha! so i wore that, with my pants which i intend to wear for a few days. and tonight i put on my dad's vest and thought, "hmm... i'm too lazy to change" so i went to church with my marathon pants and my dad's grey eddie bauer i'm-trying-to-look-outdoorsy vest. awesome. guys, it doesn't get any better than this. unless, of course, i had an endless supply of eggnog. then we'd be talking!

oh i forgot to mention- i went to to see mallory as lady bracknell in "the importance of being earnest" at m-a! she was INCREDIBLE with a capital N! she was also the only one who delivered her lines in any acceptable manner. i feel like so much is oscar wilde's witty one liners (ex: the "agricultural depression" line- i was definitely the only one who laughed at that...), but a character can't be witty one-liners!! unless, of course, he's orlando bloom in pirates of the caribbean... but i digress... so a lot of the actors (1) didn't ennunciate!! (2) didn't understand the wittiness of their own lines, (3) just didn't have the timing to stress what they should have stressed, (4) i liked it, but there was a lot of improvement to be had. fortunately, the one i came to see, mallory, did everything perfectly and i loved her! i remember a lot more people laughing when i was algernon (yeah all-girls schools drama productions!). so i would like to attribute that to me comic timing, but i think it was mostly on account of the audience members, who knew when the jokes were coming, and called wilde by his first name. me and oscar, we're like this (cross middle over index). yeah, we're tiiii-eeght.

No comments: