Tuesday, July 24, 2007

pearls on a string

hold on to your user interfaces, I'm gonna use some big techy words to make myself feel better.

I am learning how to use Breeze, which is essentially dubbing over a powerpoint presentation so your voice and slide transitions and animations are in sync. And I have USC webspace, so I was planning to put one or two up there for your viewing pleasure. So tonight I downloaded the VPN Client and FTP Client, and did some configure (click 'yes') stuff so now the embarassing poorly made assignments from my webpage class are not online anymore. wow yay! I am so techy! And I went to the gym today! I should reward myself... with SLEEP


VPN Client = how I connect to the USC server from off site (I'm pretty sure I need it for the...)
FTP Client = File Transfer Program Client. How I get files from my computer to the USC server and I tell it where to put them so I can give you the u.r.l. and you can be AMAZED. wowzers.

2 comments:

lynnfredd said...

so.... once more again in non-genius language?

Andy said...

FTP = file transfer protocol.
(VPN = virtual private network, i think)