Friday, July 13, 2007

my moon my man

am I the only NON-FREAK who uses the greater lafayette bus system?

some man- obviously mentally disturbed- was 'talking' to me today and I couldn't understand him at all but I did make out a 'fertility clinic' and I thought, Can I be uncomfortable or offended if I don't even know what he's saying? But then he got off at a K-mart.

And I'm reading a novel called 'I Know This Much is True' by Wally Lamb (who also wrote 'She's Come Undone', both of which I recommend... he's basically amazing and I love him- or, his books rather) and in it the main character has a schizophrenic brother (identical twin actually) and so I was like, "oooh I need to be sympathetic to this guy and not ignore him" but I mean he was mumbling and sort of scary... what was I supposed to do? I didn't want to just say "yeah... uh huh... I bet" because I have no idea what he's talking about (only clue = creepy = fertility clinic), but I don't want to ask him to repeat himself because really, I don't want to hear about it. whatever 'it' is. I'm glad my fam is good/normal/ok mentally. it's a blessing.

No comments: