Thursday, July 05, 2007

hydrogen initiative

here's what I do today:

measure out gallium
measure and add aluminum
put them in the oven to melt- about 40 minutes
take them out, react with water until fully reacted- about 10 minutes
clean out, pour gallium into another cup
clean out the first cup
dry out gallium in oven- about 5 minutes
react and clean out the gallium again
pour gallium into clean cup
put gallium in oven to dry out

repeat ad nauseum.

so in my free time I clean up the hood... read blogs (but always keep a tab open to 'aluminum oxide' or something on wikipedia so I look really smart/not wasting time)... read lots of wikipedia articles... wish they'd return our waste water buckets so I can do other experiments while I'm waiting for the gallium... we really need to start a book club.

No comments: