Tuesday, January 04, 2005

that's all they really want

i watched "girls just want to have fun" this evening. cinema at its finest! no. really. I feel however, that the character of Mr. Sands is not fully developed. We do not notice his move to autonomy, out from under the rule of his daughter Natalie. He is suddenly able to ask Natalie to "shut up!" when Janey and Jeff win the dance show. He is such a deep, multi-faceted character. A self made man, yet ruled by something he himself created... such is life...

dang i should be a cinema major. Actually, I'm thinking of Economics and Gender Studies. Not because of where they interconnect, but because they are both FASCINATING. John is like, "you are a lesbian if you major in gender studies" I respond: I do not have to be romantically involved with my sex/gender (oh yes there is a difference!) in order to study it. Anyhow. I was like, "what i want is theology. Yeah apologetics can be learned through experience in being a christian minority. Or i can just realize I'll learn it anyhow in seminary..." So I won't study religion now. Maybe a class or two now. Except if I go Econ/GS, I'll probably have to do summer school. bummer... anyhow, school plans are for me, and they're totally boring to you.

school plans: USC WON THE ORANGE BOWL!! alright!!! i was content, there were plenty of song girl shots... swoon... they even had special sweaters! I will be a song girl. I will figure it out.

1 comment:

Lindy Lois said...

ok i am stupid and didn't want to look that way. so i said 'rose' instead of 'orange'... an honest mistake! but i also censor. and i hoped all traces of maddy's commenting would go away... damn my life sucks. i hope they'll still let me be a song girl