Sunday, September 02, 2007

silver lining

um... there is a new ralph's. I can't (easily) bike there- it's on 9th (I live on 29th). But um, it's basically amazing.

And I really want to learn how to cook. Some people can see random ingredients and then put them together in their mind and somehow come up with a dish. So far this has eluded me, but I want to get better! And rachael ray will help me. I choose the recipe, take stock of what I have, then get to a grocery store. I like cooking! and then enjoying it with someone! I made a florentine- which is like a quiche- lots of spinach, and eggs, and some onions. and some cream. it was delish and I'm so proud when I think of it. or eat it, there still some left in our fridge.

So now I just need lab rats- people to enjoy my very slow cooking with me (no slow cooking like a crock pot, I mean I cook very slowly because I'm not good yet). and then to eat it slowly on our back deck. and to soak in the evening and pretend we don't have work to do. You'd think people would be lining up to do this! but somehow they aren't. it's just me and rachael for now.

2 comments:

Andy said...

you need a rat to pull your hair and tell you how to throw things together, i think.
but if you ask me, most of that stuff comes from experience, so hakuna matata.

Carlydear said...

I told ya so.