Sunday, September 23, 2007

one man show

ok so. about an hour after the last post I went to take a shower and get ready for the wedding. I was at a hotel and flipped through a bunch of sec football games I don't care about until I finally settled on 'what not to wear' on t.l.c. (people nominate their frumpy friends to be on this show so basic cable can tell them they need to improve how they dress. nevertheless, it would be awesome to get lots of new clothes. though... having your 'friends' nominate you has to be insulting).

anyhow, I had been pmsing all day (the sad kind not the mad kind) and I actually started to tear up at the end of the show when the inspirational music starts in low and the person is so happy about how they dress now. she was like, "I'm so happy about how I look... I'm a whole new person!" and I was like, "I'm... so.... happy..." then realized this was no good because I was going to a wedding, where people (at least women) have free range to cry and I had just set the bar really low.

but I kept it together and had a wonderful time. kelly looked beautiful and the reception was at a country club with an open bar and t.v.'s (but not sports bar esque. they were in the corner) so I could keep tabs on the usc and ucla games (mainly the ucla one because they were playing washington).

Lastly, new KT Tunstall (love!) album came out 2 weeks ago and I've been listening to it non stop because
1. she's a woman artist
2. she's scottish (watch out for her adorable british teeth in music video... precious!)
3. her songs have lots of instruments (i.e. more than a guitar), but the guitar part is usually easy to play so I feel way competent if/when I play her stuff

This is the video for "Hold On"- not my favorite song, but the only one with a music video on youtube (not an acoustic set, etc.)


No comments: