Thursday, May 31, 2007

rihanna

I'm in Indiana and full of stir fry and strawberries. mmm such is life. I realized as I walked down the gangplank to the plane (there must be a better/actual word for that...) that I hadn't told my grandma I was coming, though she probably found out from the more responsible members in my family.

So I gave her a call while the girl behind me listened and sang softly along to her ipod- she was a rap fan, I'd heard many a tune in the line for boarding. I left a message with my gma, telling her I'd arrive in the evening and stay in the middle room, as 'move bitch, get out the way' wafted softly in the background.

I hadn't called Andy to come pick me up, but he did anyhow because he's the best cousin ever. I had about 20 minutes to kill and wasn't hungry, so I went into one of the perfume places. Man I love those. They didn't have my fave scents (calvin klein, summer ; victor & rolf, flowerbomb), and I'm very curious, so I tried on upwards of about 10 scents up and down both forearms. I left 10 minutes later smelling of alcohol and prostitution (including several versions of clinique, happy). I tried to wash it off in a bathroom stall, but just ended up smelling like a whore plus gas station soap.

Then I went to Starbucks. I tested them by asking for an iced tea. Against all odds, they asked me if I wanted it sweetened or unsweetened. They passed. My bitter tea and I descended to baggage claim. Andy picked me up, dinner at the Dick's (see stir fry and strawberries), now I'm at Gma's. more updates later.

No comments: