Saturday, March 25, 2006

"Hey Jesus" (Indigo Girls)

Hey Jesus it's me, I don't usually talk to you
But my baby's gonna leave me, and there's something you must do
And I am not your faithful servant
I hang around sometimes with a bunch of your black sheep
But if you make my baby stay, I'll make it up to you
It's a promise I will keep


Hey Jesus it's me, I'm the one who talked to you yesterday
I asked you please please for a favor, but my baby's gone away
Went away anyway
And I don't really think it's fair, you've got the power to make a soul believe in you
And then we call you in our despair, and you don't come through


Hey Jesus it's me, I'm sorry, I don't remember all I said
I had a few, no, too many, and they went straight to my head
And made me feel like I could argue with God
But you know it's easy for you, you've got friends all over the world
You had the whole world waiting for your birth
But now I ain't got nobody, I don't what my life's worth


Not gonna call on you anymore, I'm sure you've got a million things to do
All I was trying to do was to get through to you, get through to you
Cause when I die and I get up to your doors
I don't even know if you're gonna let me in the place
How come I gotta die to get a chance to talk to you face to face?



this songs isn't how I feel or anything- I just love it. i may have posted it before, I don't really know. oh man, huge props to indigo girls and windows media player shuffle.

No comments: