Tuesday, March 14, 2006

the eleventh hour

I flew home and promptly set up camp in my family room. I don't like my mattress and figured the fold out bed on one of the couches would be better. It isn't really, but at least I woke up at a reasonable hour because my brothers are noisy.

I did blue box and wore an awkwardly half-a-size-too-small mechanic onesie/jumper/thing. Awkward. But it's just 2-5th grade kids, and they aren't blunt and harshly judgmental or anything. oh wait.

i flew out sunday night through all the midwest tornados and couldn't sleep because of the turbulence. So I spent most of the time praying because: a. it was dark, b. i didn't want to die. At one time some red lights went on in the cabin (this is probably at the height of my nausea, it was really bumpy) and i was pretty sure it was the "flight attendants please prepare for DEATH" light. but we were all o.k.

We arrived at about 6 a.m. to the charlotte-douglas airport, and the guy at the window in my aisle had closed the window as soon as he sat down. So i was thinking, "sir this is about the only time soon that I'm going to get to see a sunrise on the eastern seabord!" but i couldn't just reach over and open it (though he had ear plugs, neck pillow, eye cover thingy, and blanket- so he really wanted to sleep i guess). damn you, conscience... but from what I could see from the people in front of me, it was very beautiful and red. to do: visit eastern seaboard and watch sunrise. Also, always pick the window seat.


West Lafayette sure lives up to expectations: grandma transferred her phone, cable, and internet to the assisted living place she's in. So the most technologically advanced thing in her house is probably her ice maker. Now i'm in a starbucks on wireless internet, I'll go back later to help her figure out her bills and stuff. and gossip about the batty old ladies who are also there. one my cousin has named "madame PVC" because she has this chair/walker made out of p.v.c. to keep her from going into rooms at night, and she only speaks (yells at you) in french. i have yet to meet her.

This post was pretty boring, but i hadn't updated in a while. i want to call my friends, but all i'll hear is about how beautiful california/florida/other places are. indiana = arctic tundra!! peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should totally come visit me. even though i have no idea where you are haha ;-)