Wednesday, August 08, 2007

you must've fallen

first- the farming. We went to my dad's parents farm this past weekend. Good times, no animals. But I did drive me some tractors. My favorite part was playing in the silo (which is a big cylinder... hold corn but not on the cob, in kernels) with Thomas when we had to put the auger (helps get the corn kernels out) inside it. The kernel level is higher around the edge and gets lower near the middle- we got some wooden panels (2'x3' I estimate) and 'surfed' them down the kernels. We got totally dirty (sneaky kernels) and with every clothing item I took off before my shower 3-4 new kernels dropped to the floor. Thomas said he could hear them and was simultaneously humored and grossed out. He should have come to expect that from me now.



um, must make the post quick before the vicodin sets in. I had my wisdom teeth out this morning. I fear medical stuff and as they were searching for a vein for the I.V. (already a gauze + tape on the right inside elbow- they had to try both arms), I decided never to give birth. hospitals must be even worse. but as the surgeon man inserted the knock-me-out stuff into the i.v. I remembered that my mom told me her surgeon told her to count to 10 as they knocked her out and she didn't remember making it past four. I don't even remember counting.

The next thing I knew I woke up behind the nurses station with a fuzzy blanket and a little headache. When my mom drove me home I got a new blacket and an ibuprofen. I slept for a few hours (apparently a family friend came over... sorry mary I was out of it) and have had just a little headache all day. The bleeding stopped quickly and my swelling went down.

oh, the swelling. my family values honesty, and now i will show you

lindy: "mom is my face big?"
mom: "let's put it this way... I thought you had a round face before. Now you've really got jowls."

... after the intense napping...

lindy: "mom is my face still big?"
mom: "lindy it's like... another dimension for your face."

brooke says it's not noticeable. but we were also outside at night when she said this- perhaps the enormous head bends the light? gravitational pull of jowls?

but I'm feeling better now and very sleepy. I was so afraid of the surgery, but God takes care of me and my tooth sockets. yay! goodnight

No comments: