Monday, July 11, 2005

day camp: day one and a half

"Theme From Pinata" (Bright Eyes)


I wish I had a parachute
'cause I'm falling fast for you
I can see the ground approaching
but I'm not sure what to do
I feel like a pinata
won't you take a swing at me
If you could just crack the shell open
I think inside you would find something sweet


I heard you like a hunter now
your footsteps in the leaves
And I would gladly leave my hiding place
yes I'm hoping to be seen
So let your arrow fly and sing
I'm well within your aim
Lay your traps for a thousand miles
please don't let me escape


Winter came to Omaha
and left us looking like a bride
A million perfect snowflakes now
and no two are alike
So it's hard for me to imagine
the flaws in this design
I know debris covers everything
but still I am in love with this life

No comments: