Sunday, March 27, 2005

the scene was a small roadside cafe

[door opens, with telltale bell ringing. woman approaches the receptionist]
"Hi... I'd like to, um, check myself in."
"Alright, here, fill out this and I'll need a copy of your insurance card."
"Alright."
"And how long do you plan to be staying with us?"
"How long does it take to be cured?"

[cut to doctor's office. woman sits on examination table swinging her legs anxiously. finally the door opens]
"Hello, Ms. Ligget."
"It's with two t's."
"Oh, I'm so sorry." (doesn't make a note of it on his clipboard, the bastard) "Well, you know why you're here. But could you explain it to me a little more in detail?"

[cut to maddy's room. milanos and dirty laundry are strewn everywhere. a worn beanbag lies in front of the refrigerator. camera pans across to forgotten desk with lonely books, then zooms in on: Felicity Sophomore Year DVD Collection. fade out.]

[doctor's office]
"So that's when I realized we had to stop! I had to get help."
"Yes. I see."
"Just like Greg got help for his cocaine addiction! Or Sean made Julie go see a counselor! Or Noel finally decided to talk to Ben about Ruby's pregnancy! Or, or-"
"PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER WOMAN!"
"I'm- i'm sorry!" (woman breaks down into tears) "It's just... we're up to 6 hours a day now! It's too much for me to handle! All during class, all I can think is, 'Are they watching now? Are they watching without me?' or, 'Is Greg good for Felicity? Will Ben finally profess his undying love to her?' And, doctor, it just eats me alive!!! Cure me, please! I just don't know what to do..." (they sit for a while in silence)
"You know, I always wanted Felicity to end up with Noel. I mean, he's a sweet guy. Look how much Ben always overreacts! Sure, he's the hotter one... but seriously, Noel all the way." (they sit in silence for a while, the doctor waiting for a response)
"Word."
"To your mother."
"And Greg- I don't think he's that bad! When Ben found out about his cocaine addiction, Greg confronted Felicity about it! He was ashamed, but he wouldn't keep it a secret from her! I think he really cares about her. Plus he isn't always trying to get in her pants like David was!"
"Wow- that's true. But Greg keeps on making immature mistakes, like hiring her over the other work-study student. And Felicity has to keep calling him on these things. She deserves someone much better!"
"Yeah, I can see how you think that..."
"And Sean!"
"When will he ever tell Julie how he feels about her!!"
"Right after she stops hooking up with random guys."
"Touche."



and that's about how this week has been.

No comments: