Friday, November 12, 2004

When Pop Attacks

hey. today someone asked how my day was going. not like that's rare or anything, but you need premise. so i thought about it and i was like

I am throwing frisbee on the quad and it's a cool day in the shade. I have Britney Spears stuck in my head.

Today is a wonderful day.

Which got me thinking- britney truly is the best. seriously. she's making a whole new genre- hardcore pop! the reason pop is so poppy is because it's light/wimpy. fluffy.

no longer my friends. toxic? my prerogative? they are HARDCORE POP. it's still pop, but pop with an edge. pop with a vengeance! britney spears can make a goth video- and it's appropriate! And Britney is their pioneer and founding member. or rather, the people who write her songs are. but i digress...

I even listen to her older stuff, and i'm like, "i loved this?"

So yes. I mean forget about the three papers. or 200 pages of reading (my fault for procrastinating). we are now entering the age of hardcore pop and i'm loving it.

No comments: