Thursday, November 18, 2004

plymouth

this evening was "Thanskgiving with Friends at EVK" (nasty dining hall, for all you non-trojans). And let me tell you, it was wonderful. I practiced my long board skills (actually, I watched Newlyweds but this is not important) on the first floor, then headed over to evk.

From the time Mercedes, with a Pilgrim hat, swiped my uscard to the time I left with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie, a banana, and two heaping bowls of cocoa puffs in my stomach, I was in a new place. This was a new experience for me. don't call me racist- but it was wierd to see all of the hispanic people wearing pilgrim hats putting out more mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes (and the infernal/eternal evk pizza). And they spoke with each other in spanish and i served myself some pumkin pie. it was as i took my first bite that "Feliz Navidad" came on overhead.

So yes, it was an odd night and I have a lot of homework ahead of me, but...

I wanna wish you a merry christmas
I wanna wish you a merry christmas
I wanna wish you a merry christmas from the bottom of my heeeaart!

No comments: