Sunday, January 13, 2008

smitten for kittens

oh hai.

I'm back at school. unpacking, reading, buying pretty flowers for my room. the usual. I've also been writing a lot more recently (i.e. more than the none i did last semester), as in song writing. mostly lyrics. that people might hopefully want to hear? also that aren't all emo sad. also that aren't trite. it's rough. but i like them. they come in little snippets and patches. like a quilt you make out of scraps. non emo or trite scraps. but it's fun, I keep a little file on my desktop to type them in. unfortunately, my guitar's coming tomorrow, so no music to put them to. yet.

when I flew back (ATL - CLT - LAX), I got two semi-smutty magazines for the long plane trip (marie claire and self... safe choices so you don't get the '50 ways to blow his mind in bed' articles). And I opened them up on my short ATL-CLT (charlotte, nc) flight and realized, less than I care about sex confessions, I don't even care about getting perfect winter skin or how to part your hair in new and exciting ways. So I flipped through them, pausing to smell the fragrance adds, and scanning the horoscopes (so ambiguous... I might find my husband, or I might like die and go into bankruptcy). So I bought an Economist at charlotte and read it cover to cover on the way to LAX (also watched Rush Hour 3, a.k.a. Asian mobsters in Paris, a.k.a. Lindy loves Jackie Chan movies). in other news: I've been wearing the same pants for six days in a row (in my defense, the rest of my clothes are arriving tomorrow. not in my defense: i knew it in advance and didn't care). I'm not very good at being a girl.

No comments: